About Document Exchange
Document Exchange allows you to merge and share documents in a flexible and intelligent way. You can upload documents, build highly organized folder structures, and allow users to access and edit documents online. Document Exchange also offers role-based control over folder and document access.
- Store your files in a folder structure, just as you would when using Windows Explorer. Any document belongs to exactly one folder.
- Organize your files using categories. Any document can belong to multiple categories.
- Use global or folder-based and inheritable attributes for content.
- Link to content in DMX using a URL that will navigate to the content automatically
- Syndicate content from DMX using RSS
- Use folder synchronization to synchronize with files on disk
- Restrict to category/restrict to folder
- You can specify a custom filter to further limit the content being syndicated
- Set number of items to syndicate
- RSS feed includes document metadata in extension (in its own namespace)
- Use the wizard to upload content. Uploading becomes much more user-friendly using a wizard interface, guiding the user through the process.
- Upload control shows progress and prevents mishaps. The upload control gives the user feedback about the upload process.
- Double-click download.
- Download by email.
- Choose between upload controls.
- Unzip on upload.
- Drag and drop from your Windows Explorer to upload/download content to/from Document Exchange.
- Open well known document formats (Office) directly from Document Exchange in your client applications.
- DMX WebDAV is fully integrated into DMX and versioning and locking are reflected in both Web UI and WebDAV backend simultaneously.
- Open folders as ‘Web Folders’ in your Windows Explorer.
- Use your own Windows Explorer to organize content (add, delete, move, etc.).
- Set WebDAV permissions: specify roles that may access content through WebDAV.
- Every item (folder, document, etc) has its own security settings.
- Permissions are both role- and user-based.
- Permissions are extensible. By default ADD, VIEW, EDIT, and APPROVE are available. For custom applications, more can be added.
- By default, permissions are inherited upon creation of an item.
- Files are hashed and renamed to prevent direct download.
- Files can be saved to a network share to further complicate tampering.
- Administrators can decide to switch off permission setting by regular users for particular branches of the document tree.
- Full per-item approval mechanism. Content will not show up until approved.
- Versioning of documents: You can specify the number of versions that should be kept on the server per document.
- New versions of items subject to approval will show up as the last-approved version until approved.
- Use a templatable UI to make DMX look how you want.
- Templates are text/html files containing tokens that are replaced by content at runtime.
- Token documentation included in distribution.
- Create any number of different 'looks'.
- A three-pane display shows navigation, file lists, and file details with statistics all on one page. The use of a splitter allows the user to examine each in detail.
- There is a context-sensitive menu on each item. Right-click a file, and a menu shows relevant to that file.
- The menu system is expandable. The menu can be adjusted for custom applications without the need to recompile code.
- The details screen is expandable. The details screen is made to be able to show multiple panes so that custom applications can add their own details screen.
- Powerful batch downloading. Select multiple items, and click download. The items will be zipped (preserving folder structure) and provided as download.
- Use of style sheets permits customization.
- Use the search box above the file list to quickly filter a list without interaction with the server.
- Search engine is configurable.
- Document contents are indexed using DotLucene® search engine or MS Indexing Service.
- Use our unique on-screen search panel to search the entire contents of the repository.
- Search on any field or combination of fields.
- Use an advanced search box to compile your own Lucene syntax queries.
- Limit search to folder/subfolders .
- Subscribe to content and be notified upon changes.
- Use of tokens means admin can make custom notifications.
- The notification mechanism can be expanded for use in custom applications.
- Notifications are pooled and sent in batches to avoid email floods.
- Document Exchange is fully localizable.
- Multiple language packs.
- Document Exchange implements content localization. Titles of documents, categories, custom attributes and remarks can be specified in multiple languages.
- Script runner includes scripts for less-common administrative tasks like content reindexing. Extensible solution that avoids screen clutter with infrequent tasks.
- Export script to export complete DMX to a directory on the server's hard disk.
- Web.config editor to tune key parameters (max upload size, etc.) and additions.
- Support for IPortable. Export the contents and settings of DMX in portal templates.
Setup Fee (One-Time): $495.00
Monthly License Module Fees:
User Security (Required): $49.00
Document Exchange: $49.00
Back to NetForum Extensions